Bacon!!! Yaassss! I feel like that’s all I really need to say. Let’s do this.
- 4 naan style flatbread
- 1 lb crisply cooked bacon or bacon bits (see why below)
- 1 small jar of pizza sauce or homemade marinara
- 12 slices smoked white cheddar cheese
- 1/8 cup of shredded smoked gouda per pizza
- 1/8 cup shredded mozzarella per pizza
- Handful or so of spinach per pizza
- Salt & pepper to taste
- If you have followed this blog and own a Pappy’s Campfire Cooker… you know the drill. Light your fire and let it get to an even flame.
- If you are camping, easily pre-cook the bacon, or in my case – I “thought” I had bacon, got ready to cook it and well, NO BACON!!! Tragedy! Well, lucky for me – I had a 22 oz. package of Applewood Smoke real bacon bits. I know that sounds like A LOT of bacon and well – it is. But it was my attempt to lure hubby into eating more salads. See how everything works out? (No, he never at the amount of salads, I had anticipated, so we get pizza!!)
- Get all of your ingredients handy, using your counter top or a small folding table (if camping) lay out your naan flatbread, spread a thin layer of pizza sauce on each flatbread. Break up the smoke white cheddar slices and place on each flatbread, next layer is bacon (bits), bits, then spinach, and finally 1/8 cup of smoked gouda, & 1/8 cup of mozzarella cheese. Salt & pepper to taste.
- In order to ensure the pizzas are all melted on top, we use an aluminum lid to cover while “baking”
- Place your pizzas on the Grill Plate either individually or altogether, depending upon the circumference of your lid. Allow to “bake” for 5-8 minutes depending upon the intensity of the heat in the Fire Pit.
- Remove from Grill Plate, slice, and serve, garnishing with thinly slice fresh basil leaves – and let’s be honest, probably make 4 more!
Did you know that we offer up to 6 months of installment payments on our Pappy’s Campfire Cooker? Details are before check out!
May 10, 2017
Leave a Reply