Seriously, let’s talk about Chicken Wings. Do they ever get old? Not for us! Chicken is so easy to flavor to begin with. Make it the little wings, and now we are talking easy to eat and perfect to take along when camping. Yet another crowd pleaser! Guys and gals, you keep following these recipes – you will be the Kings and Queens of outdoor cooking! This recipe serves 4 but can easily be doubled, tripled, etc.
- 3 lbs chicken wings (we prefer to purchase the already split. Otherwise, split your chicken wings)
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 TB Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- non-stick aluminum foil
- If you have followed this blog and own a Pappy’s Campfire Cooker… you know the drill. Light your fire and let it get to an eve
In a bowl, combine all ingredients (except non-stick aluminum foil) to create marinade.
Pour marinade over the chicken pieces and let marinate for at least an hour.
- PTear off 12″ or so strips of aluminum foil and place 5-7 wings onto each piece of foil.
Fold over foil on each side, meeting in the middle and pinching foil together. Fold in the ends, pinching together to seal each piece of foil.
- Place Grill Plate atop fire to heat up for about 5 minutes
- Place foil packets directly onto Grill Plate and cook for about 25 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Carefully open foil packets to avoid steam burns, and ENJOY! If you prefer “drier” wings, take them out of the foil packets and place on top of the Grill Plate for a couple of minutes to glaze them and get them real sticky and awesome!
Did you know we are now offering an Installment Payment Plan? You can buy a Pappy’s Campfire Cooker, interest free from 2 – 12 payments. See our website for details!