Wow! We have had quite a bit of rain this week. Today it was cool and lovely, and perfect for these savory sandwiches! If camping, you can prepare these sandwiches before you leave and then just throw them on your Grill Plate to heat & eat. Our recipe makes 4 sandwiches, so double or triple, etc. for the size of your crowd. We love these for lunch or a quick & easy dinner. These pair superbly with a great potato salad.
- 2 TB butter
- 1 tsp Horseradish
- 1/2 oz Ranch dry dressing
- 4 Onion buns
- 1 lb. roast beef
- 4 slices marbled cheddar
- Melt butter and combine horseradish and dry ranch dressing
- Split buns and brush the insides of both the bottom and top buns with the butter mixture.
- Start layering: Bottom bun, 1/4 lb. of roast beef, 1 slice of marble cheddar, top bun.
- Wrap each sandwich in foil.
- If you have followed this blog and own a Pappy’s Campfire Cooker… you know the drill. Light your fire and let it get to an even flame.
- Place foil wrapped sandwiches on Grill Plate for about 10-12 minutes, until sandwich is hot and cheese melted.
- If you are camping prepare sandwiches as stated, and throw in your cooler in Ziploc bags until you are ready to cook on your Cooker.