This particular pizza is probably my all time favorite pizza recipe. It tastes like Bruschetta to me but so much easier to make and eat! Let’s get started!!
- 4 naan style flatbread
- 4 small roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small jar of pizza sauce or homemade marinara
- 4 TB olive oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp fresh minced garlic per pizza
- salt & pepper to taste
- Balsamic vinegar to taste
- If you have followed this blog and own a Pappy’s Campfire Cooker… you know the drill. Light your fire and let it get to an even flame.
- If you are camping, package all items separately to make your pizza quickly.
- Get all of your ingredients handy, using your counter top or a small folding table (if camping) lay out your naan flatbread, spread 1 TB of olive oil per flatbread, salt & pepper to taste, then smear 1 tsp of fresh garlic on top.
- Layering, start with 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, slices of roma tomato, more salt & pepper to taste, 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, and then thinly sliced basil leaves. Per pizza. Drizzle each pizza, to taste, with Balsamic Vinegar.
- In order to ensure the pizzas are all melted on top, we use an aluminum lid to cover while “baking”
- Place your pizzas on the Grill Plate either individually or altogether, depending upon the circumference of your lid. Allow to “bake” for 5-8 minutes depending upon the intensity of the heat in the Fire Pit.
- Remove from Grill Plate, slice, and serve – and let’s be honest, probably make 4 more!
Did you know that we offer up to 6 months of installment payments on our Pappy’s Campfire Cooker? Details are before check out!