Oh yeah, you read it right. This time it’s all about the pie. The pizza pie that is! These pizzas are so ridiculously quick to make up, you will find yourself eating them way too much!
- 4 naan style flatbread
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 small jar of pizza sauce or homemade marinara
- 4 TB pre-made pesto or your own homemade pesto
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 leaf of fresh basil per pizza
- If you have followed this blog and own a Pappy’s Campfire Cooker… you know the drill. Light your fire and let it get to an even flame.
- If you are camping, easily pre-cook the the Italian sausage and package all items separately to make your pizza quickly.
- Get all of your ingredients handy, using your counter top or a small folding table (if camping) lay out your naan flatbread, spread a thin layer of pizza sauce on each flatbread. Sprinkle about 1/4 c of mozzarella cheese on each flatbread, next layer is Italian sausage, up to 1/4 lb. per pizza, then another 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese. Lastly, take 1 tablespoon of pesto (or more, I like more) and place little dollops around each pizza.
- In order to ensure the pizzas are all melted on top, we use an aluminum lid to cover while “baking”
- Place your pizzas on the Grill Plate either individually or altogether, depending upon the circumference of your lid. Allow to “bake” for 5-8 minutes depending upon the intensity of the heat in the Fire Pit.
- Remove from Grill Plate, slice, and serve, garnishing with thinly slice fresh basil leaves – and let’s be honest, probably make 4 more!
Did you know that we offer up to 6 months of installment payments on our Pappy’s Campfire Cooker? Details are before check out!