Day 3 of our Month of Mouthwatering Recipes!! Seriously, these meatballs, are the king of all meatballs if you are one who loves the flavors of the Mediterranean. For me, personally, Mediterranean food ranks up in my top 5 food styles. Couple that with amazing wood-fired amazing-ness from the Pappy’s Campfire Cooker and it’s a match made in heaven, AND it makes enough for a crowd. If you want to be the impress your friends you go camping with or have a nice outdoor get together, you will be the star if you serve these!
Before I start sulking that these have been devoured long before this post was made – let’s get to it!
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c minced red onion
- 5 gloves garlic, crushed & minced
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 TB Cavendar’s All Purpose Greek Seasoning Salt Free (more or less to taste)*
- 1/4 tsp or to taste of Sea Salt
- Non-stick aluminum foil
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except aluminum foil, I know this should be common sense but you never know who’s reading!) and mix well. Roll the mixture into 1 1/2-inch meatballs, forming approximately 35-40 meatballs.
- Tear sheets of non-stick aluminum foil into about 12″ lengths and place 5 meatballs on each piece of foil. If desired, you may also include bell pepper and/or lemon slices in the foil with the meatballs.
- Fold over foil on each side, meeting in the middle and pinching foil together. Fold in the ends, pinching together to seal each piece of foil.
- Place Grill Plate over flame for about 5 minutes
- Place foil packets directly onto Grill Plate and cook for about 20-25 minutes, or until done, turning once halfway through.
- Carefully open fail packets to avoid getting burned from the steam.
- Either eat meatballs as is or place in Pita bread and garnish with tzatziki sauce, fresh dill, and a squeeze of lemon! This is our preference – you can thank me later 🙂
On another note, did you know we are now offering an Installment Payment Plan? You can buy a Pappy’s Campfire Cooker, interest free from 2 – 12 payments. See our website for details!
Great recipe. My family loved it.