These quesadillas have been a staple in our family for years. They are super easy and just delicious! Our recipe makes about 8 quesadillas
- 8 extra large tortillas – burrito size
- Shredded chicken, about 1/4 cup per tortilla. We roast a whole chicken and can make this recipe twice.
- 1 red bell pepper, sauteed in a little olive oil
- 1/2 of a red onion
- Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper to taste
- If you have followed this blog and own a Pappy’s Campfire Cooker… you know the drill. Light your fire and let it get to an even flame.
- If you are camping, easily prep and pack ingredients separately and combine into a quesadilla quickly on site.
- Lightly sautee red bell pepper and red onion, set aside.
- Cook chicken and shred. Season with Onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper to taste, stirring until all chicken is lightly seasoned.
- Place tortillas flat onto Grill Plate surface, sprinkle only 1/2 of tortilla with cheese, place down chicken, then red bell pepper/onion mixture, and another thin layer of cheese. Taking a long spatula, fold the empty half over to cover. Allow cheese to melt and flip onto it’s other side to brown.
- Remove from Grill Plate and serve! YUM!
Did you know that we offer up to 6 months of installment payments on our Pappy’s Campfire Cooker? Details are before check out!